CCR Draft #3

I've always been interested in directing and/or acting in a film, especially a horror film. Now that I've finally gotten the opportunity I've been really passionate about doing the best job possible for me and Shane's film. I've always been interested in creating a found footage film as it would be the easiest to make, while looking natural on a low budget. As the audience is aware it's a found footage film, the quality of the picture can be lower than most films as the film is essentially being filmed on a home video type of camera. Because we're using this convention, the film is only from the point-of-view from Shane aka Oscar Baxter, who is the camera man for me, Nathan Rees. Since our characters represent somewhat average people, we didn't deem it necessary to change into a professional costume of sorts as they would be investigating in informal clothing, as they were in the woods. So, my costume design skills did not improve; however, my directing skills did. This is because I was the main component to where we would stand and say as a result of my comprehensive love for movies. Shane trusted me as he noticed my extreme vested interest so he let me take charge of the directing aspect. Therefore, I strongly believe I now have a much stronger grasp on the whole process because of my practice, and how I notice my mistakes and fix them. 

Comments